Grandstreet Theatre, one of Montana’s leading not-for-profit community theatres, seeks a Box Office Manager / Administrative Assistant.
For over four decades Grandstreet has provided a home to actors and students in the Helena community. With an annual budget over $800,000 Grandstreet is regularly producing some of the best live theatre in the Northwest. The Box Office Manager / Administrative Assistant is responsible for overseeing all incoming financial transactions, managing customer service, ticketing, database and front-of-house concerns and assisting the Managing Director with a wide range of marketing, development and administrative duties.
- A high school diploma and three years of professional work history
- A clear and pleasant manner of communicating with an outgoing personality and an easy ability to form relationships and connect with people
- Excellent customer service and problem solving skills in a fast-paced office
- Strong cash handling skills with high personal integrity and trustworthiness
- Proficiency with computers, Microsoft Word, Excel and database software
- Fluency in various forms of social media, Facebook etc…
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of deadlines concurrently
- Commitment to achieving high standards with limited resources
- Ability to sit or stand at a computer for long periods and lift/carry up to 20 pounds
- Love of children, good sense of humor, delightful in every way
Other Beneficial Qualifications:
- Bachelors Degree in Communication, Marketing or related field
- Three years of box office management or theatre administrative experience
- Proficiency with QuickBooks or other bookkeeping software
- Fundraising, Marketing, Costuming or other Theatre Design expertise
- Graphic design experience (ideally with Adobe products)
- Experience with event planning and volunteer management
- Excellent handwriting, spelling and proofreading skills
- A familiarity with the theatre and not-for-profit organizations
Duties and Responsibilities
Box Office Responsibilities:
- Ticket sales and ordering of materials for the Box Office
- Manage daily closeout and balancing of financial records
- Training and supervision of Box Office personnel
- Process all daily deposits, tuition payments, ticket sales, donations, rentals etc…
- Maintain a current membership and season pass list and communicate pertinent information
- Manage all front-of-house personal in conjunction with Audience Services.
- Market, display and inventory all merchandise
- Maintain an usher/house manager list and insure coverage for shows
- Relay and respond to all incoming phone calls and walk up patrons
- Monitor and respond to online communications from patrons
- Setup and manage online ticketed events, classes and donation campaigns
Administrative Assistant Responsibilities:
- Assist the Managing Director in various projects, daily tasks and activities
- Assist with special events (i.e. Holiday Benefit, Grandstreet Gala…) as needed
- Manage Grandstreet membership list and communications per GST bylaws
- Assist with marketing efforts including: brochure, website and ad campaigns
- Assist with donor relationship management, communication and appreciation
- Coordinate volunteer communication tracking and appreciation
- Develop a quarterly newsletter and annual report with the Managing Director
- Assist with media relations and communication of press release materials
- Organize and maintain clean and orderly office spaces and files
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director
Grandstreet Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employerand we do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
This is a full-time, hourly position with health benefits.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: [email protected]
June 19th, 2018
At the Civic Center Ballroom
340 Neill Ave, Helena, MT 59601
Doors open at 5:30
Tickets $50/person $350 Table of 8
Join us for our fourth annual Tuesday in June!
Support Grandstreet Theatre as we celebrate the beginning of summer with this casually elegant “Fundraiser Noir”. The evening includes a no-host bar, live music, live and silent auctions and a fabulous buffet from Chilli O’Briens.
Our entertainment for the evening will feature live music from Coffee Can Stash and a one-night only performance of two live 1940’s style radio plays “The Thin Man: The Case of the Goofy Groom” and Orson Welles’ “The Hitchhiker.”
Proceeds from the event will benefit Grandstreet Theatre and Grandstreet Theatre School.
Join us this summer for our mini-camps. You can come for one day, one week, or all 3 weeks! These half day workshops are a fun addition to our popular two- week summer camp July 9-21, 2018.
One-day drop in $25.00
- One week – $90.00
- Take all three for $250.00
Scene One: Improvisation!
June 11-15, 2018
1:30-4:00pm: 3rd – 9th Grades
Comedy Improvisation-Learn to think on your feet and play many theatre games!
Scene Two: Acting Magic!
June 18th -22nd, 2018
9:00-11:30am: 3rd – 5th Grades
1:30-4:00pm: 6th – 9th Grades
Stage Magic-Learn fun acting techniques from auditioning to stage combat!
- Sing, Dance, Act!
August 7-11th, 2017
Come and play with the cast of Cry Baby!
9:00 a.m to 11:30 a.m. – 3rd-5th graders
1:30-4:00 p.m. – 6th-9th graders
This unique one-week camp is designed to promote social skills (pragmatics) through the fun and powerful medium of theatre. The participants are provided an opportunity to learn and practice age-appropriate social skills and work on the fundamentals of acting.
The camp will be led by a licensed speech-language pathologist and theatre professional.
The camp will run from July 30, 2018 to August 3rd, 2018.
The camp will be held at the Grandstreet Studio.
First to Third graders 9:30 to 11:30 AM
Fourth to Sixth graders 1:30 to 3:30 PM
The Social Skills Theatre School will be limited to 12 students per group.
Camp Registration Fee $120.00
1st through 3rd grade sign up online
4th through 7th grade sign up online
or you can register by calling 406 442-4270
Enrollment Agreement and Medical Forms will need to be submitted prior to the beginning of camp
Become a Season Pass Holder Today
Order Your Season Tickets Here
- Save money! By purchasing your tickets for the year, you pay an amazingly discounted price!
- Flexible reservations – pick out your seats for the entire season or make your reservations as you go!
- No exchange fees! Our “non-refundable/non-exchangeable” policy does not apply to you!
- Special invitation to our annual season announcement party and other special events!
- Receive e-mail announcements to keep yourself in the know about all Grandstreet events!
- NEW THIS YEAR – Buy one of our four FLEX Passes and redeem your tickets in any combination!
** Please note that the Lion King JR. is a restricted show and not included on any passes, but tickets are available here and you may purchase them separately for only $15.
Season Pass Pricing
2 Golden Passes – $350 ($17.50 per ticket) $86 savings
Golden Pass – $180 ($18 per ticket) $38 savings
Flex 20 Pass* – $360 ($18 per ticket) up to $100 savings
Flex 15 Pass* – $285 ($19 per ticket) up to $60 savings
Flex 8 Pass* – $160 ($20 per ticket) up to $24 savings
Flex 4 Pass* – $85 ($21.25 per ticket) up to $7 savings
*Flex Passes exclude It’s a Wonderful Life and Lion King JR.
FIND OUT MORE ABOUT MEMBERSHIP
2 Golden Passes – $310 ($15.50 per ticket) $126 savings
Golden Pass – $160 ($16 per ticket) $58 savings
Flex 20 Pass* – $340 ($17 per ticket) up to $120 savings
Flex 15 Pass* – $265 ($17.60 per ticket) up to $80 savings
Flex 8 Pass* – $144 ($18 per ticket) up to $40 savings
Flex 4 Pass* – $75 ($18.75 per ticket) up to $17 savings
*Flex Passes exclude It’s a Wonderful Life and Lion King JR.
Regular Ticket Pricing 2016-17
Mainstage TH, F, SAT – $23
Mainstage TU, WED, SUN mat., – $19
Studio & Junior Shows – $17
Kids 18 and under – $15
Need based scholarships
Please note that we have no more scholarships available for summer programs
(2018-19 school year)
Please submit by Sept. 1, 2018. Scholarships are limited and competitive.
- application for scholarships
- Submit a short paragraph stating your financial need.
- Submit a written recommendation from a teacher
- Submit a short hand written paragraph from the student stating why they would like to attend Grandstreet Theatre School and what they expect from the program. For children under 8 please have them draw us a picture of themselves.
Submit all materials to:
Grandstreet Theatre School
Attn: Marianne Adams