Grandstreet Theatre is participating in a free and voluntary COVID-19 screening program provided by the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services to keep us safe and maintain normal operations. The purpose of this testing program is to identify individuals who have the virus but do not have symptoms and may be contagious. This program will help us to take quick action and prevent further spread. Testing helps keep everyone safe.
1. Participation in this program is voluntary.
2. Before a person can get tested there are two forms that must be signed, a Consent Form and a HIPAA Authorization Form. Participation in this program is voluntary.
3. The samples will be self-collected here on-site using short nasal swab.
4. A trained individual will provide instruction and assistance with sample collection.
5. Samples are sent to a qualified partner lab.
6. Individual diagnostic results are reported through the secure MCC portal within 24-48 hours.
The U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) is investing $10 billion from the American Rescue Plan (ARP) legislation to ramp up COVID-19 screening to help schools safely reopen and remain open for in-person instruction.
Screening is a tool schools can utilize to help reopen safely as part of a comprehensive COVID-19 mitigation approach. Serial screening will help schools identify infected individuals without symptoms who may be contagious so that prompt action can be taken to prevent further transmission.
To expand testing opportunities for pre-K-12 schools, Historically Black Colleges and Universities, and congregate settings, HHS industry leaders established regional coordination centers to manage the process of connecting schools to a participating laboratory that:
• Coordinates distribution of sample collection supplies and shipment supplies and instructions
• Provides testing of screening samples free of charge using an FDA authorized test that detects COVID-19 virus
• Reports results securely to individuals, designated school representatives, and state and local health departments in compliance with Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) and public health regulations
• Provides training and support about how to use the program and help resolve issues
More information about the program can be found at https://testedandprotected.org
COVID Testing Sign Up Information
Program Overview for Parents/Guardians