The classic animated television special A Charlie Brown Christmas comes to life in this faithful stage adaptation, in which Charlie Brown, Snoopy, and the rest of the Peanuts Gang discover the true meaning of Christmas. When Charlie Brown complains about the overwhelming materialism he sees among everyone during the Christmas season, Lucy suggests that he become director of the school Christmas pageant. Charlie Brown accepts, but this proves to be a frustrating endeavor. When an attempt to restore the proper holiday spirit with a forlorn little Christmas fir tree fails, he needs Linus’ help to discover the real meaning of Christmas.
A CHARLIE BROWN CHRISTMAS
Sensory Friendly Performances
WED. Dec 4th & 18th – 7:30PM
What does “Sensory Friendly” mean?
“Sensory Friendly” or “Relaxed” performances are designed to provide a supportive and judgment-free environment for people affected by sensory processing or social skills challenges so they may enjoy the shared experience of live theatre. With support and guidance from our sponsor Speech Therapy Solutions Montana, A Charlie Brown Christmas will be an opportunity for Grandstreet to open our doors a little wider and welcome many members of our community who previously may not have been comfortable at the theatre. “Sensory Friendly” and “Relaxed” performances are a growing trend in theatres across the world and Grandstreet is very grateful to Speech Therapy Solutions Montana and their Director Daylinda Radley for helping us launch this new program.
Some of our accommodations may include:
- Lower sound level
- Lights remain on at a low level in the theatre during the performance
- A reduction of strobe lighting or lighting focused on the audience
- Patrons are free to talk and leave their seats during the performance
- Designated quiet and activity areas within the theatre
- Space throughout the theatre for standing and movement
- Audience members are welcome to bring their own manipulatives, headphones, seat cushions, comfort objects, and extra support items to the show
- Use of communication tools including electronic devices can be used with headphones during the performance
- Extra staff and volunteer support
- Specialized therapists will be on hand to support families in need
For more information or to be added to our mailing list to receive updates about future sensory-friendly performances please email: [email protected]grandstreettheatre.com
Please check back for more information. We will update this page as more details are confirmed. Thank you!