Grandstreet Theatre is seeking a hospitality genius!
Our Audience Services position is the front line of our customer service team for our performances. This position requires someone with a love of live theatre and working with the public. We are open to this being a shared position and have structured the job in shifts. In a typical year we anticipate the need for 100-130 performance shifts per year. Additional shifts available for administrative work including stocking, staffing bartenders and inventory.
Shifts: Approximately 3-5 hours, depending on length of show. Shift begins 1.5 hours before curtain time. Compensation: $60/shift
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Open and close theatre;
- Provide excellent customer service;
- Ensure audience care and safety especially during emergency situations;
- Manage patron traffic patterns before shows, during intermission, and following shows;
- Resolve patron concerns or refer to box office as appropriate;
- Coordinate Bartenders, House Managers and volunteer ushers;
- Liaise with Box Office staff;
- Assist with patron check-in as needed;
- Complete House reports at the end of each performance, noting house counts, lost items, or patron concerns.
- Experience in leadership positions and/or working with volunteers;
- Collaborative and consistent work ethic with the ability to maintain and exude pleasant, calm demeanor under fluctuating schedules, workloads, and personalities;
- Enjoy working with people and be interested in hospitality and community relations;
- Excellent decision-making skills;
- Excellent interpersonal, organizational, collaborative, and communication skills;
- Ability to work irregular schedules, specifically nights and weekends, with a positive attitude;
- Ability to work well under stress;
- At least 21 years of age;
- First Aid/CPR Training and Certification is a plus, but will be provided if needed.
Grandstreet Theatre is committed to excellence through diversity of its staff mixed across lines of difference and strongly encourages applications from Black, Indigenous, People of Color, women, transgender and non-binary candidates. Applicants from populations underrepresented in the theatre field are strongly encouraged to apply.
Please send your resume, with three references and a cover letter to [email protected] with the subject line “Hospitality Genius”.
Position is open until filled.