Job Opening: Marketing & Development Director
Grandstreet Theatre is a 40-year-old community-powered Montana institution that produces 10 to 12 shows each year. We have a 200-seat house in a beautiful turn- of-the-century Romanesque granite church with an additional 45-seat black box space. We are a 501c3 nonprofit with an annual budget of $800k. Our 35-year-old education program boasts an enrollment of over 350 students. Nestled at the base of the Rocky Mountains in a small but thriving arts community, Grandstreet enjoys tremendous public support and is consistently producing some of the best theatre in the Northwest.
- A bachelors degree in marketing & communications, business or arts administration; or comparable marketing and development experience.
- A clear and pleasant manner of communicating with an easy ability to form relationships and connect with people of all walks of life.
- Proficiency with personal computers and fundraising/marketing software
- Attention to detail and excellent time management skills.
- Commitment to achieving high standards within limited resources.
- Capacity to sit or stand for long periods, work at a computer extensively, and lift/carry up to 20 pounds.
- Four years of experience in development/fundraising and marketing.
- Graphic design experience (ideally with Adobe products).
- Ability to manage multiple projects and a variety of timelines and deadlines concurrently.
- Experience using creativity, independent judgment and self-motivation to formulate innovative ideas.
- Experience with nonprofit organizations.
- Experience with event planning and volunteer management.
- Fluency in various forms of social media, Facebook etc….
- A familiarity with the theatre and a sense of humor.
Marketing & Development Director Duties and Responsibilities:
- Build funding relationships through a variety of fundraising efforts to develop new sources of income and maintain current revenue.
- Maintain and expand our sponsorship program to secure corporate support for productions and programing.
- Successfully solicit and manage grants to maintain and increase annual grant income.
- Solicit and secure financial support from individuals, businesses and foundations.
- Oversee planning and implementation of two annual fund drives and a fundraising event.
- Recruit and maintain relations with in-kind donors.
- Maintain accurate records pertaining to grants, advertising and sponsorships.
- Develop and maintain relationships with area, state and national arts agencies and granting agencies.
- Initiate, implement and support fundraising activities and promotions.
- Oversee an integrated donor and membership program, including recruitment, retention and recognition.
- Develop and implement a long-range marketing plan with assistance of marketing committee and Managing Director.
- Employ a variety of means to increase ticket sales in conjunction with Box Office Manager.
- Develop and produce a quarterly newsletter and all additional marketing communications.
- Oversee media relations.
- Develop, write and proof all publicity materials.
- Be involved in area organizations to foster positive community relations.
- Actively seek out innovative and creative strategies on fundraising and marketing.
- Attend training sessions related to marketing/public relations.
- Propose and manage annual marketing/development budget.
- Provide weekly and monthly reports to the Managing Director.
- Supervise interns and/or volunteers related to marketing and development.
- Organize and maintain clean and orderly office spaces and files.
- Perform other duties as assigned by the Managing Director.
Grandstreet Theatre is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we do not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, age, sexuality, gender identification, or physical ability.
This is a full-time, salaried position with benefits. $32k – $36k D.O.E.
To apply, please submit a cover letter, resume and three references to: [email protected]