Auditions for The Addams Family
Book by Marshall Brickman and Rick Elice, Music and Lyrics by Andrew Lippa
Based on characters created by Charles Addams
Grandstreet Theatre is seeking actors for their upcoming production of the hilarious, brand new Broadway musical, The Addams Family.
Monday, August 25 – Tuesday, August 26 / 6:30 – 9:30 PM / Those who audition should arrive at 6:30 but may not need to stay until 9:30. There is a potential callback on Thursday, August 28.
September 2, 2014 – October 16, 2014
Rehearsals are flexible and are generally held Sunday through Thursday evenings. Actors cast in the show will not be called to every single rehearsal.
October 17, 2014 – November 2, 2014
Wednesdays through Sundays (13 shows total)
Grandstreet Theatre Studio is located at 328 Fuller Avenue (downtown across from Valley Bank)
What to Prepare
Please be prepared to sing a short musical selection that is one to two minutes in length. Songs from a musical are encouraged, and songs in the style of the musical are recommended. Please do not sing a song from The Addams Family. A piano accompanist will be provided, so please come with sheet music for your song. There may also be a short movement audition, so wear clothes that you are comfortable moving in.
Seeking the Following Roles
- Gomez Addams: (30s – 60s) Passionate, intense, devoted
- Morticia Addams: (30s – 60s) Dark, romantic, mysterious, sexy
- Wednesday Addams: (teens – 20s) Dark and disturbed but is recently coming out of her shell to discover the sweeter things in life
- Pugsley Addams: (under 16, unchanged singing voice) Mischievous, strange, playful yet devious sense of humor
- Fester Addams: (20s – 60s) Brother of Gomez, eccentric, high strung, joyful and bizarre
- Grandma Addams: (40s – 70s) Bitter and twisted, like a comedic wicked witch or old hag
- Lurch: (20s – 60s) Tall, zombie like qualities, not quite living, not quite dead
- Lucas Beineke: (teens – 20s) Wednesday’s secret fiancee, innocent, passionate, and completely devoted to Wednesday
- Mal Beineke: (30s – 60s) Lucas’ straight laced father from Ohio, “normal” and set in his ways, he wants nothing to do with the Addams Family
- Alice Beineke: (30s – 60s) Lucas’ mother, sweet and innocent with a friendly, though nervous demeanor, she is trying to make the best of the situation
- Plus a fun and ghoulish ensemble of singing ghosts and Addams Family ancestors.
About the Show
This brand new musical comedy is the perfect Halloween treat for the entire family!
Wednesday Addams, the ultimate princess of darkness, has grown up, fallen in love with a boy, and is bringing him home for dinner. Only one problem – he’s normal! All your favorite freaks are live on stage as chaos ensues at the Addams Family dinner party.
Full of memorable characters, dancing ghosts, and haunted graveyards, this spooky musical comedy is sure to cast it’s spell on audiences of all ages. This show will be directed by Artistic Director, Jeff Downing.
You only need to attend one night of auditions. For questions, more information about the script, or audition tips please contact Jeff Downing, Artistic Director at 442-4270 or email [email protected]